Woman arrested for 3 counts of child abuse
Pet of the Week
Mardi Gras comes to Middlesboro
Board creates new position
Man shot in Knox County
- Woman arrested for 3 counts of child abuse - 8:05 pm updated: 8:18 pm.
- ‘It saved my life’: Talk of Obamacare repeal worries addicts - 6:49 am
- Pet of the Week - 6:22 am
- DAR Good Citizen award - 10:46 pm
- Major George Gibson NSDAR meets - 10:45 pm
- The rolling store - 4:44 pm
- Mardi Gras comes to Middlesboro - 4:44 pm
- Board creates new position - 4:23 pm
- Handmade and homemade - 4:20 pm
- Dems tap former Ky. governor to counter Trump speech - 12:42 pm
- House passes bill to create elective Bible literacy courses - 12:26 pm
- News in Brief - 11:54 am
- FINs lakes stockings begin this month - 6:56 am
- Man shot in Knox County - 6:20 pm
- Pineville council meets - 5:39 pm
- Jail topic at fiscal court - 5:25 pm
- Grimes makes official Ky. voter turnout in 2016 presidential election - 4:13 pm
- By Adam BeamAssociated Press - 3:36 pm
- Bill would make colleges compete for state funding - 3:36 pm
- Committee OKs bill making it easier for felons to get jobs - 3:36 pm
- Harlan Co. coal mines sold to Georgia company - 3:35 pm
- Miss Southeast 2017 crowned - 3:33 pm
- News in Brief - 3:28 pm
- Spay Day USA is coming up - 12:25 pm updated: 3:50 pm.
- Commission to consider options to fund Asian Carp eradication efforts - 12:19 pm
Dems tap former Ky. governor to counter Trump speech
WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrats have tapped former Gov. Steve Beshear to deliver the party’s response to President Donald Trump’s addres...
House passes bill to create elective Bible literacy courses
FRANKFORT (AP) — Legislation that would give Kentucky’s public schools the option of offering elective Bible literacy courses was passed b...
News in Brief
House votes to permanently increase police incentive payFRANKFORT (AP) — The Kentucky House of Representatives has approved a bill that would pe...
FINs lakes stockings begin this month
FRANKFORT — Five new lakes enrolled in the Fishing in Neighborhoods Program (FINs) will receive stockings of trout in February, a boon to angler...
Man shot in Knox County
Officials are investigating a shooting that occurred in Knox County in the early morning hours of Thursday.According to a news release from Kentucky S...
Pineville council meets
The Pineville City Council met recently and the meeting was called to order by Mayor Scott Madon. The first order of business was the rendering of the...
Lions drop a heartbreaker
The expression on Trent Lefevers’ face with less than 10 seconds to go told the whole story. The senior guard broke down on the sidelines as rea...
Green Dragons end regional drought
As the coach of a program that hadn’t played in the regional tournament since the current seniors were in kindergarten, Derrick Akal found a uni...
Union Ranked No. 1 in NAIA
BARBOURVILLE, Ky. — Union College is tops in all the land as the Bulldogs check in at No. 1 in the sixth regular-season edition of the NAIA Divi...
Bears get defensive in rout of Jackets
A dominating first half was more than enough to send the Harlan County Black Bears to the 52nd District Tournament finals.Harlan County (27-3) tied a ...
Lady Lions eliminated
When your shot is off, it’s hard to win ball games against good teams. For Pineville, the hoop seemed two inches too small as the ball consisten...
Defense sends Lady Dragons to finals
Very few teams can hope to overcome a big deficit against the Harlan Lady Dragons, who have perhaps the state’s top point guard in Jordan Brock ...
DAR Good Citizen award
Jackie Gwenn Ellis, a Thomas Walker High School senior, was honored in January as a DAR Good Citizen by the Major George Gibson Chapter of NSDAR.Regen...
Major George Gibson NSDAR meets
The Major Gibson Chapter of NSDAR met Jan. 28 at the Flatwoods United Methodist Church in Jonesville, Virginia. Members present were Regent Nancy Brit...
Pump Boys and Dinettes on tap March 3
Troupe America will present Pump Boys and Dinettes on March 3 as part of the W. Campbell Edmonds Memorial Series.Presented by Pro-Art Association, it ...
To place an event in the Community Calendar, email: [email protected]; fax: 606-573-0042 attention Bethany Key; or drop a written copy of the an...
Ky. to host WWE televised event
WWE’s SmackDown Live is coming to Louisville. The event will be held at the KFC Yum! Center on April 18 and marks the return of live, televised ...
Talk to babies and let them babble back to bridge word gap
WASHINGTON (AP) — Even infants can have conversations with mom or dad. Their turn just tends to involve a smile or some gibberish instead of wor...
Today in History
By The Associated PressToday is Saturday, Feb. 25, the 56th day of 2017. There are 309 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Feb...
Illegal dumps have no place in county, state
Kentucky is a truly beautiful state.We are blessed with beautiful streams, rivers and lakes, pristine forests and thousands of acres of farmland. It c...
How will you be remembered?
Coming from a huge family is a wonderful thing. Even when the members don’t live close together and don’t get to spend a lot of time toget...
Today in History
By The Associated PressToday is Friday, Feb. 24, the 55th day of 2017. There are 310 days left in the year.Today’s Highlight in History:On Feb. ...
Secretary Chao will pave the way for Ky.’s transportation system
Very few functions of government are more critical than building roads and bridges. As the new vice chair of the Kentucky House Transportation Committ...
Smoking prevention in Ky.
Thumbs down to Kentucky receiving failing grades for its smoking prevention program spending.Smoking causes an estimated $1.92 billion in annual healt...