Museum enjoying trend
Whiskey Shivers returns
Pet of the Week
- ARH says patient, employee information not believed to be accessed - 6:37 pm
- Dead in the water - 4:04 pm
- Manslaughter arrests in Harlan - 3:24 pm
- Howe to appear at animal shelter - 2:48 pm
- State News in Brief - 1:46 pm
- ACT scores show many grads not ready for college-level work - 1:26 pm
- Shedding light on shingles - 12:02 pm
- McConnell: Obamacare ‘crashing’; next president must fix it - 9:22 am
- Ky. fugitive caught in Claiborne - 5:02 pm
- Museum enjoying trend - 4:40 pm
- Whiskey Shivers returns - 3:15 pm
- Blondell named Outstanding Commonwealth’s Attorney - 3:14 pm
- Virus affects ARH hospitals’ computers in 2 states - 2:03 pm
- State’s new juvenile justice chief oversaw raid in Texas - 1:57 pm
- State News in Brief - 1:52 pm
- Downtown filled with song - 1:17 pm
- Pet of the Week - 6:30 am
- Moving up in the ranks - 4:08 pm
- Paul, Gray disagree on farm policy during forum - 3:07 pm
- Ky. high court denies effort to reopen abortion clinic - 3:04 pm
- State News in Brief - 2:59 pm
- Missing person investigation in Bell Co. - 2:35 pm updated: 3:02 pm.
- KSP make new arrest in stop - 2:00 pm
- Learn to paddle on the Powell - 1:57 pm
- EKCEP awarded $2.75M in funds - 1:05 pm
- State News in Brief - 4:19 pm
- Road block leads to drug arrest - 3:49 pm
- Thousands wait as review begins of Ky.’s Medicaid plan - 3:06 pm
- Simpson fighting for life - 2:39 pm
- Tourism advertising increases - 2:26 pm
- New pharmacy now open - 1:41 pm
- Clairfield wants ambulance service back - 4:04 pm
- Anti-drug groups meet - 4:01 pm
- Accident under investigation - 3:59 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- Bevin submits Medicaid plan that restores allergy testing - 3:09 pm
- State News in Brief - 2:37 pm
- Country road, take me home - 2:10 pm
- Sykes Enterprise to host job fair - 12:14 pm
- Pair arrested in alleged child abduction - 10:00 pm updated: 10:00 pm.
- States file another lawsuit over Obama transgender rules - 3:04 pm
- McDonald’s recalls millions of Happy Meals fitness bands - 2:59 pm
- W.Va. permanently halts coal mine by state forest - 2:54 pm
- Tension mounts between governor, judge - 2:44 pm
- State News in Brief - 2:34 pm
- First responders recognized - 1:41 pm
- Biggest Loser, micro-clinic starting - 1:27 pm updated: 2:17 pm.
- Annual Community Fair Day planned - 1:08 pm
- Education officials find over 200 violations on state tests - 1:06 pm
- Reeves jailed for Walmart theft - 12:53 pm
- Man dies due to incident in National Park - 8:10 pm
Museum enjoying trend
With an interest in attracting younger patrons, the Bell County Historical Society Museum has embraced the “Pokemon Go” trend occurring ar...
Blondell named Outstanding Commonwealth’s Attorney
LOUISVILLE — During the annual Kentucky Prosecutors Conference, Attorney General Andy Beshear presented $2 million to the Prosecutors Advisory C...
Virus affects ARH hospitals’ computers in 2 states
HAZARD (AP) — Federal authorities are investigating after a computer virus infected all electronic services of the Appalachian Regional Healthca...
State’s new juvenile justice chief oversaw raid in Texas
LEXINGTON (AP) — The man chosen by Gov. Matt Bevin’s administration to run the Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice is a retired Texas ...
State News in Brief
House Republicans to skip Tuesday meeting on pensionsFRANKFORT (AP) — House Republicans say they will not attend a special meeting called by Dem...
Kentucky Football Prep Polls
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The top teams in the Kentucky Associated Press high school football polls, with first-place votes, records, total points ...
Lady Jackets defeat OBI, 6-4
Photos by Ray Welch | Daily NewsBaylee Woody tries to possess the ball during Middlesboro’s game against Oneida Baptist Institute on Saturday. I...
Bulldogs run to the races, win 42-0 over CCU
CINCINNATI, Ohio – The Union College football opened the 2016 season with a bang, registering its first shutout win in five seasons with a 42-0 ...
Titans tame Bobcats
Bell County failed to find any momentum on Saturday when they squared off against Mercer County in the Rebel Bowl. The Titans scored 27 points in the ...
Jackets stumble for second straight week; lose to Colonels
The look on Middlesboro coach Zach Massengill’s face said it all following a 38-8 loss to Whitley County. For the second week in a row, a second...
Pineville steamrolls Generals
Pineville got off to a quick start on Friday and never let up as the Mountain Lions steamrolled Jackson County, 58-26. Pineville scored 32 points in t...
Preventing hay fires on the farm
You can prevent hay bale or barn fires if you bale hay at appropriate moisture levels and monitor the temperature of recently baled hay.Generally, hay...
‘Healthy Choices for Every Body’
Courtesy of Bell County Extension ServiceThe University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service SNAP-Ed program, in collaboration with the Middlesbo...
Help the uninformed voters
Do you get confused by political issues, or are you a well-informed voter when you head to the polls? In the state of Washington, our secretary of sta...
The familiar sound of katydids
Most folks don’t see katydids because they are so well camouflaged. But anyone who sits on their porch on a late summer’s night are famili...
2016-17 deer season looks promising
FRANKFORT — Many archery hunters in Kentucky will spend the last long weekend of summer getting an early jump on fall.Kentucky’s 2016-17 d...
School financials are once again ‘open’ to the public
Nothing is any more important to our state than safeguarding and educating our children. Kentucky will spend more than three billion taxpayer dollars ...
Toxic mix: Secrecy and KMSF millions
The reason for creating the Kentucky Medical Services Foundation made sense.Constrained by the University of Kentucky’s pay scales, its new Coll...
(Genesis 22:1-19) In the Christian life, faithful obedience is the foundation of genuine integrity. And in the words of Dr. David Jeremiah, “Int...
Serving in the military in the 50s
One day in 1955 Jim Roth of Sidney, Ohio, was talking to friend Norm Davidson, when Norm said, “Let’s go join up.” They were referri...
Inspiration from physical therapy
Inspiration comes in many forms and many faces. There are inspiring people all around us if we just take time to look for them.I am currently a patien...