Anthony Cloud Staff Writer
January 2, 2014
The Middlesboro City Police Department arrested a man on Thursday after he allegedly stole several lottery tickets from a Middlesboro business.
Chris Brian Carroll, 36, of Middlesboro, was arrested by officer Josh Burchett and charged with theft by unlawful taking over $500.
According to the citation, Carroll took 20 Kentucky Cash Blowout tickets valued at $400 and three packs of Fort Knox tickets containing 30 tickets in each pack valued at $600 from Cumberland Market.
Officer Anthony Veillon filed the complaint warrant against Carroll.
Carroll was being held at the Bell County Detention Center on a $2,500 bond.
In other police news, a Middlesboro man was arrested on a theft charge after being pulled over for a traffic violation.
Melvin C. Enix, 54, was arrested by MPD Officer Barry Cowan and charged with disregarding a traffic control device (traffic light), operating a motor vehicle under the influence, prescription controlled substance not in original container, possession of an open alcohol beverage in a motor vehicle and theft by deception under $10,000.
According to the arrest citation, Cowan was parked in the median next to the old Cumberland Ford watching traffic when he noticed Enix disregard a traffic light at 15th Street and Cumberland.
The officer conducted a traffic stop at 14th Street and KY 74.
According to Cowan, when he made contact with Enix, there was a strong alcohol smell coming from the vehicle, and there were also two half white pills found in the vehicle along with an open alcoholic beverage. Enix also allegedly had switched diamonds in a ring that belonged to Lois Kilgore valued at approximately $3,000.
He was lodged in the detention center.
Other felony arrests and charges include:
* Johnny Christopher Dyke, 36, of Middlesboro, theft by deception under $10,000;
* Tracy Lynn Murrell, 28, of Middlesboro, public intoxication with a controlled substance, tampering with physical evidence, third-degree possession of a controlled substance;
* Margaret Elizabeth Shelton, 38, of Pineville, first-degree wanton endangerment;
* James Eric Brock, 27, of Fourmile, two counts of third-degree criminal mischief, four bench warrants, second-degree fleeing or evading police, resisting arrest, third-degree assault (police/probation officer);
* Derek Shay Harris, 41, of Middlesboro, first-, second- and third-degree possession of a controlled substance, carrying a concealed deadly weapon, operating a motor vehicle under the influence, possession of marijuana.
Reach Anthony Cloud at 606-248-1010, ext. 208, firstname.lastname@example.org