What started out as being a shoplifting investigation turned into an assault charge on Sunday after a Middlesboro woman allegedly assaulted a police officer.
Pamela Sue Brock, 22, of Middlesboro, was charged with third-degree assault.
According to a citation, Middlesboro Police Officer Harvey Johnson responded to a theft call at Walmart involving Brock. She was observed concealing items valued at $4.95 from the store in her back pocket. She then proceeded to pass all points of purchase with the items. Brock punched Johnson in his right shoulder while he was attempting to cuff her for transport.
Brock was also charged with theft by unlawful taking under $500. She was released from the Bell County Detention Center on Monday.
In other police news:
* Lonnie J. Rogers, 36, was indicted for marijuana cultivation with five plants or more, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
According to the citation, Rogers had six marijuana plants. As the result of a search, baggies of marijuana were found inside the residence. A glass smoking bowl was also found.
Rogers was arrested in Cumberland Village. Middlesboro Police Det. Joe Holder was the investigating officer on the case.
* Cerina Renee Foister, 41, of Pineville, was charged with first-degree possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia;
* Delbert Roark, 31, of Middlesboro, was charged with manufacturing methamphetamine;
* Sherry Natasha Conley, 32, of Middlesboro, was charged with manufacturing methamphetamine;
* Claude Elvis Dixon, 19, of Middlesboro, was charged with first-degree possession of a controlled substance;
* Dustin Glen Baker, 30, of Middlesboro, was charged with first-degree promoting contraband and for being a persistent felony offender;
* Michael Lynn Willis, 42, of Pineville, was charged with first-degree promoting contraband;
* Teshawana Sonora Anderson, 36, of Middlesboro, was charged with second-degree unlawful transaction with a minor and cultivation of marijuana less than five plants.
Anthony Cloud can be contacted at 606-302-9090 or on Twitter @AnthonyCloudMDN.