Debbie Caldwell | Daily News
The Bell County Fire Department responded to a house fire on Thursday afternoon on Varilla Lane. The residence was occupied by Tony and Teresa Lefevers and their two sons, who are ages 11 and 13. Tony Lefevers said the fire could have started from a dryer that has not been working properly. Tony sustained a burn to his arm while attempting to rescue some animals from inside the burning residence. He said he lost three dogs, two cats and a bird in the fire. No other injuries were reported.